Welcome to the first episode of Dingo Dyeworks Vlog. We sit on beautiful Hillarys Beach, where a quiet visit isn't quite so peaceful, yet very pleasant indeed. We chat about the first colours to come out of the dyepot, themed Bush Poetry and chat about the flowers and plants that have influenced this collection. We chat about the yarns;
- Fair Dinkum is 4ply fingering weight yarn, 100% Ultra fine Merino, homegrown here in Australia. It is soft and bouncy and squishy and the colours come in tonal hues or painted.
- Ridgy-Didge is also a 4ply fingering weight yarn, made up of 85% Extra fine Merino and 15% Nylon. This makes it super tough and yet it is soft and drapey and super for garments and accessories. It has a soft sheen and shows vibrant colours.
- Little Ripper is a 2ply lace-weight yarn and has the delicious blend of Merino 75% and Silk 25%. Luxuriously lustrous, drapey and strong; a perfect choice for accessories and light weight cardigans and tops.
We mention these patterns;
- Sonnensegel by Ulrike Altrogge
- Bough by Laila Raabe
- Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn A Clark
- Tubularity by Martina Behm
And finally a big shout out to these wonderful people;
- My beautiful husband and children for support and enthusiasm
- My knitting friends for support and encouragement and putting up with me asking a million questions
- Kristin at Skein video podcasts for your beautiful style
- Laura at Gynx Yarns/The Dyers Notebook for your tips and individuality
- Libby at Truly Myrtle website and podcasts for your natural manner and creativity
Until next week,